Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 29, 2010

LISTS!


Anyone who knows me knows how much I like making lists. Whether it’s a “To Do” list or a grocery list or the list of names Rod and I made to figure out what to name our pup, lists are key. I also love it when magazines do lists and Rolling Stone is the master: “Top 500 Albums,” “Top 500 Songs,” “100 Greatest Guitarists,” etc. Love it! On the local side, 5280 (which is a popular Denver magazine) constantly publishes lists which is why I subscribe. Examples of their lists include: “The 25 Best Restaurants In Denver,” “205 Reasons To Love Denver” and of course their famous list of all lists, “Top Of The Town.”

Lists are great because they can be about anything, can include anything and can be as long or as short as you want. They can also spark all kinds of discussion about what’s too high on the list, too low or not on there at all.

For my first three lists in a series of what will most likely be many I have of course chosen to write about music. Shocking. So here it goes...

Top 10 BBQ/Pool Songs:

10) Aerosmith – Sedona Sunrise
9) Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child Of Mine
8) Led Zeppelin – Hey Hey What Can I Do
7) The Eagles – Take It Easy
6) Joe Cocker – Feelin’ Alright
5) Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved
4) DMB – Tripping Billies
3) Snoop Dog – Gin N’ Juice
2) Kid Rock – All Summer Long
1) Sublime – 40 oz. To Freedom


Top 10 Driving Songs:

10) KISS – Rock & Roll All Night
9) Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
8) Steve Miller Band – Take The Money And Run
7) Bruce Springsteen- Born To Run
6) ZZ Top – Cheap Sunglasses
5) John Mellencamp – Hurts So Good
4) Thin Lizzy – The Boys Are Back In Town
3) Foo Fighters – Learn To Fly
2) Van Halen – Panama
1) AC/DC – Highway To Hell


20 Songs I Can’t Live Without:

20) Carrie Underwood – Undo It
19) Prince – Little Red Corvette
18) Lynyrd Skynyrd – God & Guns
17) Jeff Bridges – Hold On You
16) Gretchen Wilson – Don’t Do Me No Good
15) Black Crowes – Twice As Hard
14) Sheryl Crow – Redemption Day
13) Michael Jackson – Dirty Diana
12) Johnny Cash – Walk The Line
11) Van Halen – Unchained
10) Tom Petty – Mary Jane’s Last Dance
9) Bon Jovi – Wanted Dead Or Alive
8) Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child Of Mine
7) AC/DC – Shoot To Thrill
6) Led Zeppelin – Hey Hey What Can I Do
5) Aerosmith – Sedona Sunrise
4) Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced?
3) Guns N’ Roses – Dust N’ Bones
2) AC/DC – Highway To Hell
1) Led Zeppelin – Ramble On

2 comments:

  1. I also love writing (and reading) lists, so keep them coming!:) My top driving song is Going the Distance by Cake, I can't listen to that song and not wanna speed:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Nina! I love Cake's "The Distance" as well...great call!

    ReplyDelete